Monday

Shameless : sister Emma Kenney how to shave her legs

Emmy Rossum says she had some real-life sisterly advice for Emma Kenney, who plays her little sister on the R-rated Showtime series "Shameless."Rossum, 25, told Chelsea Handler on a recent episode of the comedienne's E! talk show "Chelsea Lately" that she taught Kenney, 12, how to shave her legs.



"We have nude scenes so I was in the trailer, shaving my legs before a nude scene and she came in the trailer and I'm in like, you know, pasties and my robe, getting ready for my naked scene and she's like, 'Oh, that's how you ... shaving your legs? I've never done that before' and I was like, 'Yeah, let's do it,'" Rossum said.



"So then, we're lathering her up and she's shaving and of course, when I called my mom when I went home, I was like, 'Yeah, we shaved her legs,' the actress added. "She was like, 'You robbed her mother of that experience. She's becoming a woman. You're taking it away from her.' So I felt terrible."



In "Shameless," a comedy drama, Rossum plays Fiona, a young adult who raises her younger brothers and sister. Their father, played by William H. Macy, is an alcoholic who has let down the impoverished family multiple times, but still spends time with them. He lives with their neighbor, an agoraphobic woman played by Joan Cusack. The children's mother left the family to be with her girlfriend.